2.21.2008

My Favorite Creatives

Eric Spiekermann – this links to his blog. I had the honor of meeting him my freshman year in college when he was a resident artist on my campus. Watching him critique the senior comm arts students was great. I learned a lot from his feedback to them.

Marian Bantjes – her lettering is lovely, lovely, lovely. And, I like the fact that her opinions are just as strong as her work.

Armin Vit – this link is to the design-centered site he founded with Bryony Gomez-Palacio. I love UnderConsideration and all of the mini-sites that sit under its umbrella.

Louise Fili – I attended one of her lectures in college. Her work is so unique, it seems to exist both in present time and somewhere in the past.

Michael Bierut – does he need an introduction? Is there a designer out there who hasn't attended one of his lectures? Does everyone else see his name misspelled half of the time?

Milton Glaser – I [heart] Milton Glaser. I love his insight into the business. And I love designers who can illustrate, too.

Jessica Hische – Keep an eye out for this one. She is gonna be famous. I believe she is currently at Louise Fili, Ltd. Her work is so vibrant and lovely; I think I hate her a little. : )

No comments: